Back again to join up with the lovely Amy for Five on Friday. This week I want to share five things that have made me happy during the week, which has largely been a quiet pottering around affair.
1. We have been sorting out the house a bit, tidying here, clearing out there. I made this cute little mat using left over yarn from my cushion using this pattern. And then cleared the bedside table so I could put it under a sample of my (admittedly too large) earring collection. It's really nice to be getting on top of the house, we often away and things can pile up - we are definitely making inroads now though!
2. Flowers. I moved away from my usual selection (generally chrysanthemums/carnations/gerberas) for the vases this week and picked up some beautiful peonies and irises.
3. Baking. I made scones using my much loved recipe and we've been enjoying them with lots of tea. The recipe came from a school friend's mum who got it in a tea shop in Devon. It's definitely the best recipe I've ever used,
4. Zumba. I've been going to my zumba class on and off for about three years now, and I've been enjoying being a regular. I always hated PE at school and really haven't ever been much of an exercise bod, but Zumba is so much fun it doesn't feel like exercise. I've also starting swimming again and it's doing wonders for my asthma, I'm feeling healthier than I have for a long long time.
5. Another crochet project started.... woops! Attempting to use up all my aran yarn rolling around!
Have a great weekend! Head over to Amy here to see what every one else has been up to this week.