Wow, I can't believe it's time for 'Five on Friday' again, where has the last month gone?? This week I'm going to share five things that are making me happy...
1. Progress on my 'bonnie blanket'. It's nearly finished!! This blanket is made out of chunky yarn so is rather bulky, but it's destined for our campervan Bonnie (hence the name) and therefore needs to be reasonably warm as we want to start travelling around in Spring this year. I'm going to add another row or two to this monster, just to make sure it's definitely wide enough and then think about a border. Any suggestions from any of you crocheters out there?! I think it needs to be pretty plain because the wool is just so inelegant, maybe simple DCs or moss stitch...
2. This Spice Rack. As you can see it's been repurposed having held a load of beers that C got from my Uncle in Belgium for Christmas. He has been wanting to build a spice rack for months, but not quite got round to it so we've had a medley of spices on the side. Now they are neat and organised and I think he's done a great job, he just had to add some extra shelves.
3. This year I have got back to cooking. I'm really lucky that C is an excellent cook and loves doing it, but it's got to the point that I don't cook at all! We both agreed that I need to do some more and so I've been perusing recipes and finding new inspiration. I'm a bit of a lazy chef, and my favourite recipe so far consisted of literally creme fraiche, stilton, pasta and broccoli. So easy yet so tasty!
4. Crisp and cold winter days. I've been indulging of my possibly odd past time of walking round the nearby grave yard on my study breaks and snapped the frost covered ground the other day. I love a brisk cold walk and then snuggling up with a cup of tea once home
5. This is the university library, Hallward. It is not a pretty building but it contains such a vast amount of information that I'm always in awe. My thesis is proving pretty difficult at the moment, but I try not to forget how incredibly lucky I am to have had the opportunities I have.
Until Next Time,
I am joining in Five on Friday, taking five minutes from our day to enjoy five things. Please go and visit the other people who are also blogging about Five on Friday this week.
Amy from Love Made My Home
Helen from Woollybluebells