I didn't manage to photograph all of my Christmas makes in the end as I was rather short on time before wrapping them up but I will aim to in the future, I was particularly pleased with the hot-water bottle cover I made my Mum (so fiddly - I've already resolved not to make another one for a while!) I did however manage to make one more thing over the holiday, a new hat for C. He wanted a thick comfy hat so I used Drops Andes (one of the best yarns I've ever used, so soft and so nice to work with) and based it on this pattern here. It's quite slouchy and he is rather pleased with it
This little lot is going straight to Mum who has promised me a new jumper, she is just finishing off a cardigan at the moment for me, much to Dad's disdain (she has had a jumper on the needles intended for him for the last 15 years, she keeps interrupting it to make me stuff!)
And before I go I just wanted to write down my New Years Resolutions....
1. Read more for pleasure: I think I'm going to integrate this into blogging, but I intend to read at least two books a month, Reading relaxes me and distracts me most wonderfully when I need a break.
2. Finish things. I am great at starting projects/PhDs/clearing out and just never quite finishing them. I am going to try and have less things on the go and be more productive. First on the list is obviously my thesis, but I also need to finish that blanket for the camper I've been promising C for nearly a year now! ... and many other things
3. Stop worrying about things I can't change. C came up with this one. I am a terrible worrier, I hate it about myself yet just seem to end up doing it. 2015 will see a less worried me! (I hope)
4. Stop Biting My Nails. This has been on the list for the last 20 years, but hey maybe this time?!
5. Enjoy the present. Linked very much to the last one...
6. Be more tidy. I seem to exist in perpetual clutter. I want to have a good clear out, sort out and tidy up so home is more of a relaxing place to be. I think it will help me work more effectively at home, as well as keep on top of the housework!
Are you making New Years Resolutions this year? Wishing everyone a very happy 2015, full of happiness, peace and good health.
Until next time,