Life is still busy and a bit all over the place, back and forth from Nottingham and now I'm job searching as well! I've got a bit of lee-way but I thought that if I started sooner it would be less pressure :)
I've mentioned before that C doesn't like doilies very much. That's absolutely fine with me, the only snag is I like making them! I made one a month ago and it is allowed underneath the whiskey decanter, I think it looks lovely! So to avoid the doily problem I hatched a plan... and made a mandala ;) My first one :) (I am notoriously late for everything, I know these have been around for a long time...) I used this wonderful pattern and am so pleased how it worked out! I love the way the dark pink looks a bit like hearts
Here is my doily, looking lovely of course. I need to decide where to put the mandala now!
That's one of our lovely wedding pics - you can just about make out my wellies - I am always one for elegance ;)
I threw together a Bran Loaf yesterday, a really quick bake and great for lunch boxes and snacking. It's also relatively healthy as there is no fat in the recipe. It involves no weighing as you use the same mug to measure all of the ingredients to ensure consistency. I use a large mug to get as much bran loaf as possible ;) You need:
- A mug of Bran Flakes
- A mug of Milk
- A mug of S. R. Flour
- 1/2 mug of sugar (any kind is fine!)
- A selection of dried fruit: I use sultanas and sometimes dried apricots, sometimes glace cherries.
1. Put the Bran Flakes, Milk and Sugar into a mixing bowl. Leave for about 45 mins
2. Heat oven to 180, grease a loaf tin
3. Add Flour to the mixture once it has sat for a while and stir, add the sultanas/fruit
4. Bake in oven for approx 45 mins. My oven is super fierce so it doesn't take too long...
5. Remove and leave to cool.
Our lovely rose is flowering yet again keeping me cheerful, I do love our little home and garden.
Until next time my friends :)